Friday, April 8, 2022

Angels of Absent Thought

 


A lot of scattered thoughts

this morning as I was getting

ready for work. My brain was

firing on several cylinders,

just not together.

 

A random smattering of a

collection of half-baked,

half woken thoughts all

jumbled in the Boggle

Cube of my brain.

 

Do parachutists have

like, regular jobs?

What was the first word I actually

read and understood?

Who did put the Bop in the

bop-she-bop?

 

Who put the ram in the

ram-a-lama-ding-dong?

Where am I going with

this? As I walked through

the house with an empty

Coke can in my hand.

 

I put it in the recycling bin

and went back upstairs,

were I had left the shower running

in the bathroom.

“Where is my mind today,” I asked

as I almost stepped into the shower

with my clothes on.

 

“Jeeze…,” I said, “I am a mess today.”

I undressed and got in the hot

shower where I again was carried

away on the wings of absent thought

angels, who snickered at my

befuddlement at how quickly

ten minutes had gone by as I just

let the warm water run down

my body.  

 

“Damn it,” I said.

Moving quick to get out the door

for work, but still wondering about

that time in third grade where I made a fool

of myself.

And if Parachutists have real,

ground based jobs.

 

Sometimes all the noise

in my head seems to have

noise in their heads.

Bees in their bonnets.

Who handed out bonnets?

 

A parachutist?

At a farmer’s market?

Hmmm…

 

(Shakes fist)


As an Angel's wing feather

drifted down in front of my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment