Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Writing Something


 

I rubbed my eye and felt

the subtle squeak of my

eye against my eyelid,

as I tried to clear my vision,

blinking,

blink…

 

This page flickering white

on the desktop in a

photon mockery of

anything I try to attach

to it.

Vapid vastness.

 

Have I written about

everything?

Is there really nothing left

for me to say?

I can’t think of a thing,

wracking my brain all day. 

 

Do I try the murder story?

No, I’m tired of death.

Do I attempt the weird

Twilight Zone style twist story

where it was Earth all along?

No. Meh.

 

In an era of exhaustion;

emotionally, physically, and

mentally; it’s hard to stay

fresh and crisp, on the cutting

edge of wordplay and in the

pugilistic ring of poetry.

 

I feel disaffected by my own

words, far away from any meaning,

or substance, as if they are already

gathering dust on some ancient

library bookshelf, written in a dead language

no one alive can decipher.

 

I rub my eye again,

it’s bothering me,

like there’s a twinkle in there

but I can’t seem to get it to

sparkle.

More. Boring. Words.


No comments:

Post a Comment