Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Crumpled

 


The crinkling of paper

reminds me of thinking,

the silence of a photo,

reminds me of noise,

a cold shiver,

reminds me of memory.

 

The correlating conditions

collaborative in creating

our constructs, consuming

inconceivable causations,

and charging the chaos

of civil consciousness.

 

The inconsistencies inherent

in ideological instrumentation,

idolatry and indefensible

inhumanity, inhospitable

ideas or immeasurable

idiocy, irritate me.

 

A river rushing,

a stream gurgling,

an ocean churning,

a creek bubbling,

bodies of water,

that are the same,

but different.

 

Actions abrupt and

awash in an abyss of

ambiguity, awkwardness,

and abject affability,

always atoning after

abasement.

 

Feet shuffling on gravel,

reminds me of waiting;

Roaring engines make me

afraid; strong winds rattling

the branches of a tree,

make me respect the power

of simple things.

 

Crumpled together,

incoherently organized,

made one, in a faceted

mess.


No comments:

Post a Comment