Thursday, August 17, 2023

Red Light

 


Red Light.

 

I like cardigan sweaters.

I just do.

They fit me for some reason,

I don’t know why I

identify with cardigan sweaters,

yet I get great

enjoyment from them.

 

Did I choose them based on

how I wished to be perceived as

the exemplar of my identity,

or did my pre-existing identity

choose cardigan sweaters?

 

Is our identity a product

of our choices,

or are our choices the

product of our identity?

 

Is how we wish to be seen in

the world just ego manifesting

or is it deeper, something that

simply makes us who we are

and what we like buried in our

DNA?

 

Is there some genetic memory

woven into what I presume is

my identity that has an affinity

for cardigan sweaters?

Was I always just a sweater guy?

Or is it simpler than that?

 

Maybe I just like being warm

on chilly afternoons.

But it’s Summertime, and

I shouldn’t worry about sweaters

so much.

 

The light turned green.

And I thought about something else.


No comments:

Post a Comment