Wednesday, April 24, 2019

I Don't Know




The most wonderful thing
I have learned is that I don’t
really know anything.
It’s quite odd, this wonderful thing.

I’ve preconceptions,
notions, ideas, concepts,
abstract thoughts,
but know nothing.

I thought I knew a lot.
I thought I had some of
this whole living thing
worked out; alas, I don’t.

I understand a great deal,
which has led me to this
discovery of my illusion of
knowledge.

It’s both terrifying and
grand. It’s scary to learn
that everything I thought
I knew was mostly inaccurate.

It’s grand because it gives me
a chance to re-think, re-start,
re-organize and reevaluate
my relationships.

It’s also irritating as I’ve been
sort of stuck in the same thing
for a long time and getting un-stuck
is a serious hassle.  Serious. Hassle.

In this discovery of knowing nothing,
I’m conflicted with the old ways of seeing
things, the new way of seeing things and
deciding which way is right for me.  

A minefield of historical errors of
prologue to review, to suffer renewed
embarrassments over, light shame, and
nostalgic bashful chuckles to ruminate on.

It is in knowing that we know nothing,
that we can begin to find wisdom, and wisdom
is the art of accepting that knowledge is
transitory.

Still though, it is odd,
considering how much I thought,
I knew, about everything, only to
find out, I don’t even know.

No comments:

Post a Comment