Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Here I Am



There I am.
Just where I was.
In the middle of nothing.
Surrounded by everything.

I was there, the whole time.
I just sort of forgot that I was there.
Doing nothing, with nothing to do.
Engulfed in a World of possibilities.

I’m not sure if I was lost in
daydreams of summer days,
late night loves and long boozy
conversations about the state of things.

Or if I disappeared into the background
of someone else’s life, an extra in the
movie of some other random character,
who is now the star of it all.

I was certainly there though.
Somewhere, dancing, drinking, smoking,
in the background, acting like the life of
the party or the destroyer of it.   

Aware of being there, but not paying
any attention to my presence.
A blip on the radar screen, but not
really there.

I am still there though.
Taking up space. Filling the void.
Making faces at babies and trying
not to be bitter, bored or belligerent.

Here I am.
Don’t fret.
I’m not going anywhere.
So it would seem…


No comments:

Post a Comment