Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Mind Making

 

“I don’t know what that is.

I’ve never seen it before.

I’m not sure of its purpose.

I don’t know if I should be afraid,” I said.

 

“Here it is.

It’s all new.

Nothing to fear.

Just something current,” she said.

 

“It looks sharp and rough,” I said.

 

“It’s smooth and clean,” she said.

 

“It looks like it’ll hurt,

It looks like it’s mean.

I think it’s a killer.

I think it’s bad,” I said.

 

“No, no, no, it’s none of that.

It’s good I swear.

Nice and neat.

A treat for sure,” she said.

 

“But the teeth,” I said.

 

“Just a happy smile,” she said.

 

It darkly sparkled in the middle.

Between she and me.

 

“It’s just new is all,” she said again.

 

“I don’t trust it.

I don’t like it.

I don’t want it.

I think you’re lying,” I said.

 

“Fine.

Don’t want it.

I’ll take it somewhere else.

I’ll just take it to someone brave,” she said.

 

“Now hold on a sec,” I said.

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment