Monday, August 30, 2021

Positivist

 


Positivity.

 

I’ve stared at that word

for quite a while now

wondering what I should

write about it. And all I

have is that I’m positive

I don’t have anything good to say.

 

I thought I should perhaps,

write something slightly

more upbeat than my last

few poems. They’ve been

somewhat down in the dumps

and I should try to bring a little

positivity into our lives.

 

But then life, being what it is,

seems to get in the way and my

patience for the general incomprehensible

nonsense overflowing from the bowels of

humanity makes me lift my feet up, trying to

avoid each miserable puddle to miserable puddle

like a child splashing through the street after the rain.

 

Avoiding all the muckity-muck as

best as I can, while whispering the

most profane of curses and swears.

In the vilest way, I swear and grumble

in streams of rage and impatience.

At the endless masochism puddled

in my path.

 

Positivity.

Be positive.

 

“You look nice today,” I say.

 

Crap.

                                                                - - - 



  

Picture: 

Girl looking into a mirror


Pierre-Auguste Renoir

No comments:

Post a Comment