Friday, August 27, 2021

Something About the Old Gods

 


I was pondering the relevance

of the Ancient Gods and

Goddesses of myth on my

drive into work this morning.  

And how those ancient beliefs

fall in line with the contradictions

within the human condition.

 

Zeus at least, was

presented as a morally

corrupt and contrasting

figure of an all powerful

deity. He was flawed, thus

excusing man’s flaws.

 

God though, the Christian,

Jewish God, is infallible.

A perfect being without

error, directing the compass

of destiny through just means.

 

Disease, viruses, sickness,

famine, plague, war, etc.,

all created through God’s

creation.  Yet it’s all part of

a plan. A plan based around

a predeterminate free-will.  

 

I propound the antique belief in

the Ancient panoply of Gods

is akin to believing in some level

of modern moral turpitude.

A paradox.

 

God is good.

God makes man.

Man makes sin.

Man destroys God.

God destroys man.

Is God good?

Is Man good?

 

Is believing in a Minitour or

Centaur any different than

believing a vaccine is unsafe

or that there’s some sort of microchip

in their designed to… I don’t even know,

Is there any difference?

 

Are human beings so easily

taunted by myth we’re not

capable of seeing through it,

seeing them as just stories,

and we just writhe in the agony

of misinformation and arrogant

contradiction?

 

I should just focus on my

drive into work.

I don’t want to miss my exit

and there’s a lot of stuff to

do on my desk.

This is not a Labyrinth.

 

But I fear the beast in the middle.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment