Thursday, March 29, 2012

7 minutes

I'm playing hooky from work today. I have seven minutes until my microwave lunch is ready. Now you're all caught up.

I did need, as the industry calls it, a "Mental Health Day". I was feeling extremely  stressed out and somewhat defeated by my daily grind. Even though I've had a few other days off in the last few weeks, I felt like those days were spent recovering from a long night of drinking. Today I am fully sober and taking a moment to recharge my batteries.

I think it's terribly important to do that every once in a while. Working too hard for too long can really sap one's strength and their willingness to be involved in their own lives. I hate being so passive in my own life. I don't like coming home from work and sitting on my couch watching TV till 10:30 and then going to bed because I don't have the strength or willpower to do anything else. It really makes me sad.

So it's important to take a random Thursday off the shelf and pour yourself a huge glass of relax-o juice. Mind you I'll be spending today trying to get caught up on the domestic chores I've left to wallow in my self pity. I've already taken my garbage out, did a little laundry and will soon attack the dust and dishes that constantly mock me with their foulness.

I know it's not the super Thursday adventure it could be but it's better than my constant complaining. As an added bonus I'll listen to a lot of kick ass music today. I've not had a lot of good music in my head lately so this will certainly give my brain jukebox a chance to update.

Excelsior!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!!! More people need to take a break day just for themselves.
    I hope you enjoyed the day.
    Share awesome music?

    ReplyDelete