Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Et tu, Tuesday

It’s a very peculiar day. It just seemed as if everyone on the Edens this morning didn’t have any particular place to be. I was amazed that every vehicle I got behind was content to cruise along at 50 MPH for some reason. I much prefer going at least 65 to 70 if I can, at least it’s trying to keep up with the flow of traffic. But this morning, no one seemed to be all that worried about it.

I suppose I can understand. I’m sure no one really was all that excited to get back to work this morning and they were just dragging their asses through the motions of being a productive member of society; a society that secretly hates you. I say that specifically thanks to the red light ticket/violation I received in the mail yesterday. I love Chicago and it’s been my home forever but I really can’t stand the extortion. It seems it’s illegal to make a right turn on red whether a sign is present or not. I didn’t know that.  It’s not a cheap violation either and for an already cash strapped populace; it’s just another sign that this society we’ve built hates us.

It certainly wasn’t news I wanted to receive three days into my nicotine withdrawal. I almost took a hostage after opening the notice. I calmed down soon enough and resisted the temptation to head over to the corner store any buy a pack of smokes. Take that Chicago! I won’t be paying that cigarette tax anymore! Ha. Oh, you’ll just bury me in parking tickets to make up for it? Damn you! Damn you all to Hell!

I certainly hope that someone starts taxing the crap out of down state Illinois and other municipalities for the water they get from Lake Michigan. Yes, Chicagoans feel like we own the whole lake and since we’re right up against it; we think our water should be free, while those in outlying areas should pay through the nose for it. Maybe that’s the revenue generator we’re looking for, instead of taxing and fining the crap out of ourselves. Let’s pass those fees on to the unsuspecting denizens of some other locality. Mmmwahhahahah!

Yeah, that is mean. Maybe we shouldn’t do that, (sigh). I guess I’ll just have to pay the fine and hope I can scrape enough cash together to make it till my next meager paycheck. There’s a lot more Tuesdays in store I suppose; with their steely knives.

No comments:

Post a Comment