Monday, March 21, 2011

Time for Coffee?

My goodness it’s been a busy Monday morning. I only just got myself that first cup of delicious, eye opening java juice. It’s so fresh it’s too hot to sip just yet. Got to blow on it a little first.

Speaking of things that are extremely hot and need to be blown on, I must say that I’m concerned about all the Middle East unrest. I’m of course very pleased that those long dormant societies have finally felt the clarion call of freedom; but it still makes me nervous. There are things happening there that sends a mild shiver down my Christian spine.

Now I’m not a Theologian, but I did read The Book of Revelations quite thoroughly as a younger man and in Revelations there are quite a lot of prophetical writings about unrest in the Middle East which creates a power vacuum in which the anti-Christ steps in and eventually brings about the end of the world. I’m sure I’m not the first to point out the apocalyptical potential of what’s going on in the Middle East but I wonder.  Add the fact that natural disasters seem to be on the rise and were kind of looking as some “Horsemen of the Apocalypse” themed events.  I don’t think they’ll be entering any Dressage competitions however.

I know some right wing nuts have really been pounding away at the idea that these are really the final days and I certainly don’t want to get lumped into their category. I’m not saying anything Biblical is actually occurring there, but it can make a Catholic a little nervous. I’m sure it is all really random coincidence and these are not the End of Days. That would totally blow anyway. I’m simply not prepared for the end of the world. Never even been to Ireland for crying out loud.

Plus I still want a family and I think it would just be really cruel to have a couple of kids and then be like, “Aw dang, really, the end of the world? Sorry kids, looks like no Disney this year.”

I’d be pretty mad if the End was coming. I certainly don’t feel all that accomplished and at peace with the things I’ve done in my life. And there are still a lot of things I’d still like to do and ask for forgiveness for later.

My coffee has cooled enough to drink and I’m able to take a sip. I hope the Middle East goes like that; it’s hot now but soon it’ll be cool and delicious, but will likely still keep you up at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment