Thursday, December 8, 2011

Time does a jig

I went to bed before ten o’clock last night. I was feeling pretty exhausted and needed a full night of uninterrupted sleep. I was fast asleep in no time thinking about how young Gohan would be able to escape the clutches of Cell on Dragonball Z and that one of my friends is very attractive and she just needs a little more confidence, like Gohan. So you can only imagine the crazy dreams I had.

I woke up at some point and felt as if I had been sleeping for hours and I was sure that I would have to get up and get ready for work. I lifted my head to check my alarm clock and was shocked to see it was only 11:36 p.m. I had only been sleeping for a little more than an hour but it felt like the whole night. I put my head back down and went back to sleep.

I woke again at 3:11 a.m., only to again think I had to wake up and go to work. At that point I was quite happy I could go back to sleep for a few more hours. I did consider getting up through and going to work. I fell back to sleep imagining the faces of my co-workers as they saw me sitting at my desk at five o’clock in the morning. I stayed in bed however.

When my alarm clocks did finally go off I was up and ready to go. Well, maybe not ready to go but able to wrestle myself from my dreams and blankets and head to the shower without too much aggravation. It was then that time pulled its third trick on me and seemed to rapidly advance. I could have sworn I was only in the shower for eight minutes but it seemed I was in there for 12; which put me a few minutes behind schedule, which meant it would be a no-shave Thursday.

I had to hurry to get ready, yet again, and I made it to the train with two minutes to spare. The whole while I marveled at how time plays these little tricks on us. It was then that I realized time was Irish. Think about it, O’clock. I think its full name is probably something like Seamus Riley Daniel O’clock.

S. R. D. O’clock is a wily trickster and he’s no time for you and your problems. I would think his philosophy is, “Either get drinkin’ or get dying, just get outta my way”.
He’s got a gruff exterior but inside, he’s all fluff.

He just need some love, like all the Irish men do.

No comments:

Post a Comment