Thursday, June 30, 2011

I kick it root down

6:20 this morning
I woke from my snoring
to get myself ready
and hold myself steady.

A 7:00 a.m. cleaning, poking
and scraping, drilling and
chipping following by some
gaping tooth hole filling.

A root canal was the need
for what made my gums bleed.
It sounds wicked and painful but
I’ve had worse and more baneful.

So now I sit in my cube tasting
the foul cement, hating
the bitterness and hoping I can eat.
And that would be… a dream feat.

Now I will digress from this lame poetry,
Writing about dental work is beneath me.

-          Wow, that took me half an hour to scribble out. And it’s terrible. But I hope you enjoy it to some degree my dear reader.

Yes I did have a root canal this morning and it really wasn’t all that bad. I have a great dentist and I’m super happy we got this little problem taken care of. It was my last left sided molar and apparently I need it to mash my food up into swallow size.

I can’t stress it enough; take care of your teeth.

The Fourth of July is being celebrated this weekend and most of my office will be closed tomorrow, unfortunately I will have to be in the office. So I’ll have more on the Fourth tomorrow. Aren’t you excited by that? I hope so.

1 comment:

  1. Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,

    Be good to your teeth
    and they'll be good to you.

    ReplyDelete