Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Got to get out of it, again

With great power comes great responsibility. Well, screw that. I’m becoming a super villain. Recently my company has taken over the files for a new client. In fact, we are now handling all the new claims and the old claims for this client and it’s nearly worse than previous. Some of you may remember my constant complaints regarding a former client and how badly I needed to escape that world.

I did escape for a while and was feeling pretty comfortable about it. But then, wham, rug pulled out and I’m actually hovering over a great chasm a la Wiley Coyote. The reason I left my former position was because I was pretty burnt out and needed a break. Now it would appear that break is over and I once again must retain the mantle of Sisyphus.

I don’t mind work. Really, I don’t. In fact, I sometimes actually enjoy it. But when a new client comes along with incredibly strict rules and no faith in my ability to do the job I find myself looking for the nearest exit, or window.

So I will begin again the search for something better. Hopefully my dreams of writing for a living will slowly start to come true and I can honestly escape this murderous path of hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment