Thursday, May 24, 2012

Patience


I don’t have any today.
I spent it all on your
slow walking
and inane talking.

Stories about your dog
or cat or grandmother or
your teenage daughter that
just got dumped on the way
to the prom.

I’ve no patience for it.
I don’t care about your
work, your job, your boss,
your made up problems in
the day to day nonsense you
call a life.

I can’t deal with your
blandness. I don’t want you
to interrupt my story about
prohibition history with your
story about your car. Shut up.

Listen and learn something
for forty seconds you self
absorbed son of a bitch.
I don’t want to waste my
breath on the likes of you.

I don’t have the wherewithal
or the rested demeanor to
give a flying crap about your
stupid hobby. Be a real person.
Be a real god damn human being
for once in your miserable
life and stop annoying
everyone.    

Just listen to me.

I’ve nothing figured out.
But I keep it to myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment