Monday, February 28, 2011

Ow, ow, ow, ouch

My neck is killing me. It seems every week I develop a new pain in my neck. It’s a literal pain in my neck and it hurts quite a lot. The odd thing is that it goes away every weekend and then on Monday mornings something snaps and it goes out of whack like a spring shooting out of an old watch. It happened this morning as I was toweling myself after my shower. I was just drying off and, “Pah-boing!” I shouted out in pain. I wonder if the neighbors heard me. I did shout pretty loud. 

I’m not sure why it keeps happening, based on the fact that it seems to come back every week and goes away over the weekend, I’m thinking it is stress. Horrible, horrible stress.  My life for the most part is pretty relaxed, at home anyway. My work life is extremely stress filled and it makes me so sick. Not that my whole home life with without any antagonism. I do have bills to pay and food to buy and a leaking kitchen ceiling. And by the way, the Chinese water torture is very similar to a constant drip dropping into a bucket of water for several hours. It’s maddening. If I was being interrogated last night by let’s say, old KGB agents, I would have spilled everything I know just to get away from that awful dripping. I’m sure that may have added to my sore neck today.

In other news, I can’t believe it’s the last day of February 2011. Didn’t this year just start? It’ll be March tomorrow and soon it’ll be St. Patrick’s Day, then summer will roll through and then another winter, I’ll turn 35 and then 2012 arrives and we’re all incinerated into ash. I suppose I should try to make the best of it. Maybe I’ll meet a nice girl that actually wants to hang out with me and laugh at my silliness or try and save some money to get away from the old rented apartment, maybe see a doctor about this pain in my neck or maybe even get a new job where this pain just goes away.

I don’t know how to end this little piece today. I’ve written three different paragraphs to close this little thing up and nothing was at all good. Okay, four paragraphs now. Usually I try to wrap these things up with something insightful or comical or banal (usually banal) but I’m pretty stuck on this one. All I can think of is “Neck pain blows”. So sometimes following your gut is the best way to go. So then fine.

Neck Pain Blows  

No comments:

Post a Comment