Monday, August 1, 2011

Good news and Sunshine

Let’s start things off on a positive note; so far I have a wonderful date to at least one of the weddings I am going to this month. A smart and incredibly hot young lady accepted my invitation. That’s such a relief. Mind you, it could all fall apart depending on her work schedule, but it’s nice that she accepted. So one wedding date down, with one more to go. Now let’s hope I don’t make a fool of myself, or if I do, it’s not too embarrassing.

I was at the beach this weekend. This is odd for me because I am not all that of a beach going type. I even actually went into the lake water, which I don’t normally do because I hate all the crap in the water; gross ass band-aids and scabs and pee and millions of dead bugs. Ick. But I sucked it up and went into the water and had a wet and wild time. Which is odd for me.

I did have a lot of fun though. It’s a great group of people and they all really know how to have a good time. I felt honored to have been invited. Plus I got to throw the Frisbee around and after all this time, I still got it.

My ankles and legs are a battlefield of mosquito bites and sand flea bites. They itch even as I type this and I want to murder them. It’s so irritating, of all the time not to have any Chamomile lotion. I did get some sun and was lucky not to get burned, which is my normal m. o. when I’m outside.  The sun hates me and usually wants to hurt me. I guess it just didn’t have that kind of malice this weekend. I did manage to get some bug spray or sun tan lotion in my eye this morning, possibly from the sunglasses I had been wearing all weekend and that stung like hellfire.

This morning as I was riding the train into work it struck me that I still hate this. I imagined my sad old man body sitting in a cube still handling claims. It re-fired my desire to get into a business I like doing. I need a job far more creative and fun, which gives me money and a sense of accomplishment. I was dreaming about owning a little bar. Nothing huge with like tons of tables or anything; just a little corner bar with a lot of dark wood and comfy stools. I’d probably have a little library in the back with a couple of nice maroon leather chairs.  It would be just a simple little bar that people liked to come to for drinks, creative thinking and awesome conversation. That would be a dream come true I think.   

Hm, looks like Monday wants me to do some work. That bullwhip in his hand looks brutal. And with all the salt on my back from my sweat, it would hurt quite a bit.
(Whip crack)

No comments:

Post a Comment