Tuesday, August 9, 2011

More machine than man

Today I received my first artificial human part. I now have a porcelain rear molar to replace the one that’s been missing for so very long. I find it strange how that piece can be so easily replaced. I’m sure it’ll be such a part of me that I won’t even remember when I actually received it.

It did make me wonder how much is replaceable on the human body. We have artificial hips, knees, legs, arms, elbows, bones in general, eyes, ears, noses, even faces now. We can fix the heart and most internal organs. We can plug the brain directly into a computer and move the mouse arrow with mere thoughts. It’s just amazing the super race were slowly building.

Yes, a race of computer enhanced, bionic equipped super teens is coming soon. That scares the crap out of me. Super advanced teenagers unafraid of being grounded for having their loud Emo/rap/Zen music blasting in the dining room because they can vaporize you with their eye lasers. That’s just terrifying.

“Johnny? Did you download your homework?”
“Shut up Dad. I’m virtual masturbating.” LASER BLASTER POWERING UP
“Okay Johnny. Okay. I’ll be in my room, er, behind the steel blast doors”.

I always wondered why more people in the Star Wars universe didn’t voluntarily get body modifications all the time. Luke got a new hand; Darth Vader got a whole body, why not get freaking rocket feet or something like that?

I am a little nervous for my new tooth right now. I don’t want to do anything to break it or cause myself any undo discomfort. Plus, it feels weird to have a tooth there again. Wish the dentist had put a little laser in there. Then all would tremble before my mighty Molar Laser. I would call it the Molar 3000 MegaHyper Death Weaver. Then they’d pay.

I mean, I’d never use it for evil. (cough) I don’t think I would be corrupted towards a life of evil by my Molar 3000 MegaHyper Death Weaver. Although…

No comments:

Post a Comment