Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Trying to get to it

My thoughts have been extremely scattered as of late and I’ve been having a difficult time coming up with one of those concise pieces everyone so enjoys. My thoughts have travelled from Polio vaccination shot scars to the creation of the Universe to what I’ll have for lunch.

Most of my recent thinking has dwelled on women for too long and I’ve decided I’m no longer going to put any effort into trying to meet “the right” girl. If anything I’m going to take a super laid back approach and see what comes to me. I’m quite exhausted from trying to be proactive in this vain search. I’m on three dating web sites and all of them suck. I’ve talked to women in person and clearly they’re not interested in me. (I can’t imagine why). So screw it. I’m done.   

Now, how did those Polio vaccination scars get to be so bad? With the warm weather this summer I noticed a lot of them on the arms of older citizenry and they are wicked scars. Dr. Salk was an amazing scientist who found the cure, but apparently he wasn’t too keen on any anti-scarring program. It’s such a curious collective scar on an entire generation.

My generation has nothing like it, at all. In fact, I don’t remember my generation having any unifying event or experience; other than the Challenger disaster. That was hardly a rallying cry for us to protest space exploration or anything.

The Universe needs exploring of course, there’s so much to learn about ourselves from that vastness that it’s nearly impossible to comprehend. I think it should be science’s goal to really seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before; and kick ass.

I think I’ll get a sandwich for lunch today. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment