Monday, August 15, 2011

Step, ball, change

I’ve been trying all morning to come up with a fun and exciting post for today but every time I start I get interrupted by something stupid. There’s nothing in the world that destroys any creative vibes better than soul crippling work.   

Every sentence I’ve started gets torpedoed by an irate claimant or some stupid e-mail. It’s very aggravating to the creative mind to be harassed by tedium. It’s my own fault though. I should have tried harder as a younger man to find my creative niche in the world, rather than having some crazy expectation that opportunity would come to me.

I’m not too happy with my coffee today either. Oh look, I got another an e-mail. I should probably write these posts from home without all the “work” distractions. Of course, I’m not sure what I would say then. Complaining about my lot in life is what I do best. Changing it however is not something I am good at. Why didn’t I take tap dancing?  Or take all that energy for sitting at the bar and turn it into, like, owning a bar? Why didn’t I follow through with those arm wrestling classes or whaling seminars?

Meh, meh, meh, that’s all I got for this Monday. And ah one, and ah two, and ah three….

No comments:

Post a Comment