Monday, September 12, 2011

Over a barrel

Hello again true believers. Thank Stan Lee for the intro. About two weeks ago I wrote about the City of Chicago being a pimp and how it was treating me like its number one whore. Well, the City, “Pimpcago”, has now decided I’m not worth it and stabbed me in the neck several times and left me in some prairie to be found by some random neighbor.

I’ll not go into too much detail but let’s just say the City and I have some “unfinished business” and I’m considering a Patrick Swayze type Next of Kin revolt. That and I want my wallet back. 

It’s very difficult to own a car in the city these days, what with parking restrictions, stickers, plate stickers, potholes, vandals, thefts, minor damages that occur over time. Not to mention jerk hole neighbors that decide where your car is parked is somehow their business. It’s pretty infuriating.

So I’m starting to lean toward a carless existence in the city. We’ve got an amazing public transportation system and it’s rather inexpensive considering the cost of gas these days. But then, I’m an American and I love the freedom having a car provides. Yeah, on second thought, I think I will be getting a new car eventually. Well, a new used car. Who the hell can afford a new car these days? I mean seriously, where do they expect people to come up with this money?

And why are cars so expensive anyway? I mean sure, a new car has more technology on board than the Apollo space missions combined, but that can’t be the only cost motivator, can it? When I see those new car commercials on TV I get a little ill. I just can’t imagine any truth to the ads at all. Not even the “hidden camera” Hyundai commercials. I think those are all crap. I mean, if a car costs more than $12,000 I think it’s a rip off. What could possibly be worth $60,000 in a damn car? Throw in a jetpack/helicopter/hot tub and I might consider $60,000 for new car. But in reality, most of us can’t afford that and probably will never be able to afford that. The best I can hope for is a decent used car that doesn’t have any dead prostitutes in the trunk.  Or if it did, then I hope the price can be easily negotiated.

1 comment:

  1. Join the carless revolution!! You Do NOT need to OWN a car. Stop being a lazy fat ass an get a bicycle. All of the cool kids are doing it

    ReplyDelete